Travelling in a train can be strenuous, especially for the travelers who are on long journeys. But worry not, these tips can turn out to be lifesaving, if you are planning a journey by train:
- Order Food in Advance: The best way to save yourself from hunger pangs is to order your food in advance. IRCTC brought in private players like RK Associates-led Comesum, McDonalds and Delhi Durbar to cater to rail passengers. The only thing you need to do is enter your PNR number, and order food from a wide range of vegetarian and non-vegetarian menu.
- Bring a good Book! If you love reading, get your favorite book. Reading can relax your brain and soothe your senses while travelling.
- Be prepared to retire early: Train journey can be very tiring, it is better to rest and relax and retire to bed by 9:30 PM. This way, you can wake up early, and look forward to the early morning view.
- Pack necessities: Carry a hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes and sanitation pads with you. Make sure you also carry a mini first aid kit that can be lifesaving in times emergency. Also don’t forget to carry a water bottle with you at all times.
- Bring Locks: Never leave your luggage unsecured or your valuables on display. Make sure you carry locks to secure the luggage.
- Reach station before well ahead of time: Remember to reach the railway station an hour prior or so, as it will help you to scan your coach and seats with ease.
- Carry your own pillow: If you want a comfy sleep, why depend on those puny pillows provided by the railways.
Train journey can be chaotic and hectic. Following these few pointers can make your journey memorable.
Last modified: October 5, 2018