Located in the state of Gujarat, India, the Statue of Unity, inaugurated on October 31, 2018, serves as a reminder of the unparalleled leadership of Vallabhbhai Patel, the Bismarck of India, and his instrumentality in uniting the princely states of India. It is the world’s tallest statue with a height of around 597 ft. However, while Gujarat is already well-known for its rich cultural heritage and archaeological treasures, since the inauguration of the Statue of Unity, there are many places to visit near statue of unity. You have one more reason to visit there and all the more so this year as it is the 70th death anniversary of Sardar Patel.
After over seven months of being closed for public visits amid the pandemic, the world’s tallest statue has been reopened for visitors since the month of October.
Before you plan your trip there, here are a few things you need to know:
- Tickets can be only be booked online through www. soul tickets.in
- The number of visitors allowed is 2500 per day
- Visitors will be given entry in two-hour slots and they can enter only during the slots
- Visitors have to be there at the venue 15 minutes before their slot timings
- Wearing face masks is mandatory for all the visitors
- No one is allowed to take group photographs
- Social distancing norms should be followed
Now that you are aware of the protocols to be followed while visiting the Statue of Unity in light of the pandemic, here are a few tips that would help you travel smartly.
- Visit the statue between Tuesdays and Fridays and avoid visiting on weekends
- October to March would be the best time to visit due to pleasant weather conditions
- Keep your visiting hours closer to sunset as there would be a laser show between 6.45 pm to 7.15 pm
- Avoid carrying food since there is a food court available at the monument and therefore, foot items are not allowed beyond the entry point
- Keep a soft or hard copy of your ticket handy in case you are asked for it
In addition to seeing the colossal monument, there are a lot of other places you can visit. Some of the top places to visit near Statue of Unity include:
- Boating and Helicopter Ride – With a 10-minute helicopter ride the cost of which is Rs 2900 per person, you can get an aerial view of the Statue of Unity. Furthermore, you can also do a boat ride in the Narmada River for almost Rs 300 per person. Tickets for both the rides are available at the location or can be booked online in advance.
- Valley of Flowers – Located just near the banks of Narmada River, the Valley of Flowers is spread across 250 hectares of land comprising of more than 100 types of flowers, climbers, bamboos, and grasses. For the selfie queens and kings out there, there are several selfie points as well from where you can see the statue of unity.
- Sardar Patel zoological park and safari – The zoological park is home to several wild animals including lions, tigers as well as around twelve species of deer, antelopes, giraffes, etc. It is located only around 2.5 km from the Statue of Unity and spread over 550,000 sq. meters of land.
- Sardar Sarovar dam – One of the largest dams in the world, Sardar Sarovar dam has attracted thousands of tourists from around the world every year and is one of the best places to visit near Statue of Unity. Devour the picturesque view of the dam or go for cycling across it, this place is not to be missed when you visit the Statue of Unity.
- Panchmuli Lake – If you further want to connect with nature on your trip to Statue of Unity, visit Panchmuli Lake that is located around 5 km from the monument. This is the kind of place where you would want to just sit back and relax!
- Children Nutrition Park – It can always be a hassle visiting places with young kids. If you are one of those people, Children Nutrition Park is one of the ideal places to visit near Statue of Unity. Not only are there interactive games, but the park also offers a fresh take on healthy eating habits for young children.
- Cactus garden and butterfly garden – If you are a sucker for cactus, well then, you are in for a surprise! The cactus garden, located over 12 km from the Statue of Unity, houses over 500 species of cactus and succulent plants. Right next to it is the Butterfly garden featuring almost 40 species of butterflies.
- Zarwan Waterfall – There is no such thing as too much nature, especially if you are someone who has been living in metro cities for years. Zarwan Waterfall offers the tranquillity you have been craving for. Take a dip in the water or immerse in the calmness it has to offer, the choice is yours!
- Poicha – For the religious folks, Poicha is a must-visit place nearby Statue
of Unity. Surrounded by nature and several temples, it serves as a wonderful picnic spot as well.
From a guide to help you travel smartly to other places to visit near Statue of Unity, you now know everything you need to know. So, what are you waiting for? Book your tickets now and plan your trip.