Living in the nation’s capital isn’t easy, you gotta deal with a lot of hustle. From running to your workplace regularly and coming back to continue with household work, makes you feel tired.
However, interestingly at the back of mind, you know weekend is fast- approaching and you do not wanna miss out on the opportunity to hang out. Here is the list of places to visit near Delhi:
1. Manesar: Only 45kms from Delhi, manesar is just a perfect place to hang-out with friends. The place offers holiday resorts and accommodations built in Rajasthani style. In the list of places nearby, Manesar is the closet and the coolest place you can visit.
2. Vrindavan: Next on our list of places to visit near Delhi is Vrindavan, this township at distance of 128km from Delhi, makes you forget about all your worries. As you enjoy Krishna-Bhakti, make sure you visit temples around the city that reveal mythological texts and make you believe in existence of god.
4. Rishikesh: Have a desire to witness paradise? You can blindly fix this place as your next stop. The city is home to natural blend of nature and spirituality. Furthermore, this place offers some of the interesting adventure sports, surely making an experience you will remember for a long-long time.
5. Jaipur: Situated 275kms from Delhi, the pink city of Jaipur is a nice getaway from Delhi. The city is famous for three major forts i.e. Amber, Jaigarh and Nahagarh. Jaipur is a splendid option when it comes to weekend breaks from Delhi.
6. Nainital: At number 6 on our list of places to visit near Delhi is Nainital. Though, people mostly refer this spot as the honeymoon destination, but you could always take a trip and explore city from different perspective. It’s a great place to rest and relax. A large no of tourists visit this hill station throughout the year.
7. Sariska National Park, Rajasthan: At a distance of 195kms from Delhi, Sariska National park and wildlife refuge is one of the best places near Delhi. The reserve is famous for its Bengal Tiger along with many species of wildlife such as leopard, Indian jackal, chital, samba, nilgai etc.
8. Peora: A name you might not have heard, but if you love nature for your company you will rejoice visting this place. Located in Kumaon, it is famously renowned as the ‘fruit bowl’. The trees at this place are laden with apricots and plums. As you take a morning walk through jungles and enjoy picturesque view of Himalayas, make sure you pluck some fresh fruits along the way.
9. Kasauli: kasauli is a sweet and a quiet place located between Shimla and Chandigarh. If you are looking for a peaceful, romantic weekend that would lift your spirits high, this is the place to be. The lush green hills and cool weather plays a perfect role and adds to your perfect outing.
10. Lansdowne: Lansdowne is a great option to put an end to all your weekdays’ madness. Located in the hilly terrains of Uttarakhand. It is a beautiful town situated on kothdwar- Pauri road at an altitude of 1,706 mt. A six hour drive from Delhi would land you at this perfect location.
Last modified: March 8, 2018